At Athena Forensics our computer forensics experts and investigators possess a vast amount of experience and are renowned within the industry for their comprehensive investigations and clear reports coupled with robust expert witness testimony. They provide a free initial consultation which can greatly assist your case in the early stages.
Our team of digital forensic experts have been involved in various types of criminal cases ranging from indecent images, fraud murder to drug offences (with both Legally Aided and privately funded clients). We are also highly experienced in commercial and civil litigation cases ranging from computer forensic investigations into the recovery of deleted e-mails to the misuse of computers at work.
We understand that digital evidence is highly volatile and when used in evidence should be examined in such a way that the data is not altered or affected as any other approach could open up the investigation to legal challenge.
The extraction of data from any storage device is undertaken whilst maintaining the maximum possible integrity of the information recovered and is achieved by forensically imaging a copy of the source media. All computer forensic examinations are carried out using up to date technology following the relevant guidelines and protocols.
The computer forensics cases in which we are most frequently involved in are:
- Indecent and Extreme Images
- Identity Fraud
- Forged Documents
- Handling Stolen Goods
- Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice
- Family Care Proceedings
- Theft of data and Intellectual Property
- Drug Offences
- Grooming Offences
- Internet Misuse in the Workplace
- Data Theft (The Theft of Company Data)
Computer Forensics is the preservation, recovery and investigation of data present on a computer hard drive, in a manner so that the evidence it produces can be used in a criminal or civil court, or at a tribunal or other legal/disciplinary hearing. This includes any previously deleted data which can be recovered using computer forensics tools and techniques.
This method can also be applied to examine any other type of digital device and removable media (i.e. DVDs, CDs to floppy disks, mobile phones and digital camera memory cards).
A selection of notable cases our computer forensic experts have been instructed in:
- Operation Duma – Large Multi Handed VAT Carousel Fraud, investigated by Revenue Customs Prosecution Office.
- Instructed on behalf of a Premiership Football Club as part of Employment Tribunal Proceedings.
- Operation Pallial – Historic Child Sexual Offences, investigated by National Crime Agency.
- R – v – KL – Terrorist Offences, investigated by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit.
- Operation Lakeland – Paedophile Ring investigated by Devon & Cornwall Police.
- Corporate Fraud Investigation into the Director of a Supermarket Supplier.
- Operation Carbon – Largest Firearms Investigation, investigated by Greater Manchester Police.
- Operation Ore – Indecent Images, International operation investigated by Thames Valley Police.
- Corporate Fraud Investigation into the Managing Director of a National Chain of Health Clubs and Hotels that led to dismissal and Criminal Investigation.
- Operation Murray – Murder, investigated by Surrey Police.
- Operation Sequin – DDoS attack on Home Office website, investigated by West Midlands Cyber Crime Regional Unit.
- R – v – CW – Anonymous DDoS attack of Visa, Mastercard & Paypal.
Examples of previous cases and the types of cases that Athena Forensics experts are regularly instructed are available on our previous investigations page.
Types of clients that instruct Athena Forensics:
- Criminal, Commercial and Family Law Firms
- Law Enforcement Body’s
- Local Government Authorities
- National and International Businesses