Computer Forensic Experts
A Computer forensic expert is specifically trained to conduct an examination and investigation of live and deleted data present on computers, memory sticks, memory cards and any other digital device for evidence often as part of legal proceedings.
The computer forensic investigation process involves the preservation, interpretation and the documentation of digital based evidence to determine what happened on that device, when, how and, if possible, the identity of the user responsible without compromising or causing alteration to the data present.
How Can Our Computer Forensic Expert Team Assist?
Our computer forensics expert team are able to conduct an examination of data present on a digital storage device for any data present, including documents, images, emails, messages, Internet browsing activity, often even after they have been deleted.
The information gathered during a computer forensic examination is often not available to the average user and may include material such as deleted files and fragments of data and require specialist tools to recover, obtain and investigate it from a device to confirm an incident.
Essentially, the computer forensic investigation process involves obtaining evidence that can be used to either prove or disprove a crime or breach of policy.
Our experts are renowned for their comprehensive and clear reports coupled with robust testimony and many years of experience in the examination of digital evidence within criminal, family care and corporate cases and investigations for private or legally aided clients.
Previous Computer Forensic Investigation Examples
Our team are most frequently involved in the examination of digital evidence in cases involving:
- Indecent and Extreme Images
- Family Care Proceedings
- Data Theft
- Intellectual Property Theft
- Drug Offences
- Grooming Offences
- Internet Misuse in the Workplace
The examples that our Expert team have been instructed in are:
- R – v – KL – Terrorism Offences, Investigation by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit and acquitted on majority of the charges after a 4 week trial.
- Operation Duma – £125 million Multi Handed VAT Carousel Fraud, Computer Investigation by Revenue Customs Prosecution Office.
- Instructed on behalf of a Premiership Football Club – Employment Tribunal Proceedings.
- Operation Pallial – Historic Child Sexual Offences, Digital Investigation by the National Crime Agency.
- Operation Lakeland – Paedophile Ring, Digital Investigation by Devon & Cornwall Police.
- Corporate Fraud – Digital Forensics Investigation into the Director of a Supermarket Supplier.
- Operation Carbon – Largest Firearms Case by Greater Manchester Police (Digital).
- Operation Ore – Indecent Images, International operation. Digital Investigation by Thames Valley Police from 2001 to 2004.
- Corporate Fraud – Digital Forensic Investigation into the Managing Director of a National Chain of Health Clubs and Hotels that led to dismissal and Criminal Investigation.
- Operation Murray – Murder, Investigated by Surrey Police.
- Operation Sequin – DDoS attack on Home Office website, Investigated by West Midlands Cyber Crime Regional Unit.
Further examples of previous examinations that we have been instructed are available on our previous digital cases page.
About Athena Forensics
For information on our digital services or if you require any advice or assistance please contact a member of our team on 0330 123 4448 or via email on email@example.com, further details are available on our contact us page.
Our client’s confidentiality is of the utmost importance. All correspondence is treated with discretion, from initial contact to conclusion of the matter.
We are fully aware of the significance and importance of the information that they encounter and we have been accredited to ISO 9001 for 10 years. We are all security cleared and offer non-disclosure agreements if required. Our premises along with our security procedures have been inspected and approved by law enforcement agencies.
Athena Forensics do not disclose personal information to other companies or suppliers.
TestimonialAfter the expert report prepared by Athena Forensics was served on the Crown Prosecution they offered no evidence in relation to the matter and the case was discontinued.
Bournemouth Based Solicitor. read more ()