Our Computer Forensic Experts and Mobile Phone Forensic Experts have been involved in a large number of different types criminal cases over the last 15 years.
We have been involved in the examination of digital evidence within cases involving indecent images, fraud, murder and drug offences and we frequently receive instructions on behalf of the Defence within both Legally Aided and privately funded clients.
Digital Forensics is the preservation, recovery and investigation of data present on computers and mobile phones, including previously deleted data, in a manner so that the evidence produced can be used in legal proceedings including criminal law. The computer forensics cases in which we are most frequently involved in are:
- Indecent Images of Children
- Extreme Pornography
- Identity Fraud
- Forged Documents
- Handling Stolen Goods
- Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice
- Family Care Proceedings
- Theft of data and Intellectual Property
- Drug Offences
- Grooming Offences
- Internet Misuse in the Workplace
- Data Theft (The Theft of Company Data)
A selection of notable cases that our computer forensic experts have been instructed in:
- Operation Duma – Large Multi Handed VAT Carousel Fraud, investigated by Revenue Customs Prosecution Office.
- Instructed on behalf of a Premiership Football Club as part of Employment Tribunal Proceedings.
- Operation Pallial – Historic Child Sexual Offences, investigated by National Crime Agency.
- R – v – KL – Terrorist Offences, investigated by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit.
- Operation Lakeland – Paedophile Ring investigated by Devon & Cornwall Police.
- Corporate Fraud Investigation into the Director of a Supermarket Supplier.
- Operation Carbon – Largest Firearms Investigation, investigated by Greater Manchester Police.
- Operation Ore – Indecent Images, International operation investigated by Thames Valley Police.
- Corporate Fraud Investigation into the Managing Director of a National Chain of Health Clubs and Hotels that led to dismissal and Criminal Investigation.
- Operation Murray – Murder, investigated by Surrey Police.
- Operation Sequin – DDoS attack on Home Office website, investigated by West Midlands Cyber Crime Regional Unit.
- R – v – CW – Anonymous DDoS attack of Visa, Mastercard & Paypal.
Further examples of previous cases and the types of cases that Athena Forensics experts are regularly instructed are available on our previous investigations page. All of our computer forensic experts have a vast amount of experience having completed over 1000 forensic investigations, our experts are renowned within the industry for their comprehensive and clear reports coupled with robust expert witness testimony. They provide a free initial consultation which can greatly assist your case in the early stages.
About Athena Forensics
For information on our digital forensic services or if you require any advice or assistance please contact a member of our team on 0330 123 4448 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, further details are available on our contact us page.
Our client’s confidentiality is of the utmost importance. All correspondence is treated with discretion, from initial contact to the conclusion of any computer forensics investigation.
Our digital forensic experts are fully aware of the significance and importance of the information that they encounter and we have been accredited to ISO 9001 for 10 years. Our forensic experts are all security cleared and we offer non-disclosure agreements if required. Our premises along with our security procedures have been inspected and approved by law enforcement agencies.
Athena Forensics do not disclose personal information to other companies or suppliers.
TestimonialAfter the expert report prepared by Athena Forensics was served on the Crown Prosecution they offered no evidence in relation to the matter and the case was discontinued.
Bournemouth Based Solicitor.read more ()