Our Computer Forensic Experts and Mobile Phone Forensic Experts have been involved in various types of criminal cases ranging from indecent images, fraud murder to drug offences and frequently receive instructions on behalf of the Defence within both Legally Aided and private funded clients.
Digital Forensics is the preservation, recovery and investigation of data present on computers and mobile phones, including previously deleted data, in a manner so that the evidence produced can be used in legal proceedings including criminal law.
The computer forensics cases in which we are most frequently involved in are:
- Indecent and Extreme Images
- Identity Fraud
- Forged Documents
- Handling Stolen Goods
- Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice
- Family Care Proceedings
- Theft of data and Intellectual Property
- Drug Offences
- Grooming Offences
- Internet Misuse in the Workplace
- Data Theft (The Theft of Company Data)
A selection of notable cases that our computer forensic experts have been instructed in:
- Operation Duma – Large Multi Handed VAT Carousel Fraud, investigated by Revenue Customs Prosecution Office.
- Instructed on behalf of a Premiership Football Club as part of Employment Tribunal Proceedings.
- Operation Pallial – Historic Child Sexual Offences, investigated by National Crime Agency.
- R – v – KL – Terrorist Offences, investigated by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit.
- Operation Lakeland – Paedophile Ring investigated by Devon & Cornwall Police.
- Corporate Fraud Investigation into the Director of a Supermarket Supplier.
- Operation Carbon – Largest Firearms Investigation, investigated by Greater Manchester Police.
- Operation Ore – Indecent Images, International operation investigated by Thames Valley Police.
- Corporate Fraud Investigation into the Managing Director of a National Chain of Health Clubs and Hotels that led to dismissal and Criminal Investigation.
- Operation Murray – Murder, investigated by Surrey Police.
- Operation Sequin – DDoS attack on Home Office website, investigated by West Midlands Cyber Crime Regional Unit.
- R – v – CW – Anonymous DDoS attack of Visa, Mastercard & Paypal.
Further examples of previous cases and the types of cases that Athena Forensics experts are regularly instructed are available on our previous investigations page.
All of our computer forensic experts have a vast amount of experience having completed over 1000 forensic investigations, our experts are renowned within the industry for their comprehensive and clear reports coupled with robust expert witness testimony. They provide a free initial consultation which can greatly assist your case in the early stages.